Cris
Cris, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Specialize in email support.
10156100

I received a message "We've noticed some unusual activity on

Customer Question

I received a message "We've noticed some unusual activity on your outlook account. To help protect you, we've temporarily blocked your account" I've run security scans with McAfee Security Scan Plus and RegCure, both of which indicate that the problem, if it existed, has been cleaned from my computer. So, how do I recover the ability to send e-mail?
Category: Email
Expert:  Cris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris. Sorry to hear about your issue but it appears your account was hacked and being used to send out spam emails and blocked in order to stop it.

You will have to fill out the Windows Live Account Recovery Form. This is the only alternative solution offered by Microsoft for a free account. Since there is no billing info on the account they unable to validate your identity over the phone and do not offer Live Support. The form will require you to give them a contact email. This will be a secondary email you have access to, Microsoft will then send you a reply about your account to the contact email.

https://account.live.com/acsr/

Once they have reviewed the form they then send you instructions on how to regain access to the account to the alternate email you provided on the form.

It may take a few days to process your request, but you will get a response and if you provide enough detail, you should be able to recover your account.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please take the time to rate my service and submit at the top.

Expert:  Cris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I wanted to follow up and see if you were able to fill out the recovery form?

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take the time to rate my service and submit at the top.