Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

Someone hacked into my apple account and bought tickets.

Customer Question

someone hacked into my apple account and bought tickets. This has to stop. This isn't the first time. What should I do?
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 4 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

First off, please make sure to change your Apple account's password ***** security questions, if you haven't done so already, by signing into your account page at the following link:

Next, Apple also offers an optional security enhancement for your Apple ID called two-step verification. Two-step verification requires you to verify your identity using one of your devices before you can make changes to your Apple account information, sign in to iCloud, or make an iTunes, App, or iBooks Store purchase from a new device.

To set up two-step verification, please log in to your Apple account (using the same above link), and do this:

Under Two-Step Verification, click Get Started.

Answer your security questions and follow the steps to finish your set up.

Turning on this option will make it practically impossible for anyone to access/hack into your account without your knowledge, and will keep your account 100% secure going forward.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five star buttons at the top of this page. Thank you!