ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

How do I delete an address on my account? This is an old

Customer Question

How do I delete an address on my account? This is an old address that I don't use anymore and I was notified that it has been hacked
Category: Email
Expert:  ChrisC replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

You're trying to delete an e-mail address, is that right? Can you tell me what comes after the @ symbol in your address? I don't need the full address, just what comes after @.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

gmail.com

Expert:  ChrisC replied 9 months ago.

Okay, thank you. I know you mentioned that you thought the account may have been hacked. At this point, you are still able to get into the account, is that correct?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No, I haven't used it for so long, it does not have a valid password ***** I don't remember the last one.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 9 months ago.

Hmm, okay. In that case, give me a few minutes to do some research for you. That will make things a bit more complicated. Please stand by, for me.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 9 months ago.

Okay, in order to delete the account you'll need to be able to access it. If you don't remember the password, then the first thing you'll need to do is attempt to recover it. To do that, please go to the following link to access Google's password ***** wizard:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery

Once you've gotten the password ***** you should then be able to delete your account by following the steps listed in this Gmail support article:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61177?hl=en

Just click on where it says Delete Your Gmail Address and follow the process.

If for some reason you are not able to reset your password, then the last thing you can do it use the account troubleshooter by going here:

https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/2943007?hl=en&rd=2#ts=2402552

One of these methods should work for you. If not, and you're account is not accessible, then I'm afraid that there is simply no way to manually delete your account. However, after several months of inactivity, it will be automatically removed by Google.

Do you have any other questions on this? If so, just let me know. You can reply back to me at any time.

And please remember to use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.