Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have an old paypal account under the name of Gloria

Customer Question

I have an old paypal account under the name of Gloria Aldridge have changed email adress previous email adress***@******.*** new email adress is***@******.*** can I still use it even though I have Changed Email Adress and it has been several years since i have used it or will I have to set up a new account
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi Gloria, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

If you still remember the password ***** that Paypal account (associated with that old email address), then certainly you can still use it provided that Paypal did not deactivate the account for long period of inactivity. All you need to access a paypal account is the email address and the password ***** if that email address is no longer active since that email address only serves as your username. However, if you have forgotten the password ***** the account, that is when the email address is important since Paypal will verify your identity by sending a recovery code or link to that address. Since you cannot access that old address, there is no way to recover the account especially if you have not provided other security information in the account before when you were still able to access it.

But you mentioned that you have NT used the Paypal account for several years, then unfortunately, Paypal have already deactivated the account and removed from their records.

In this case, your best option forward is to create a NEW Paypal account with that NEW email address.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess