Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Received an email with 2 attachments, both

Customer Question

Received an email with 2 attachments, both x-apple-msg-attachment. Cannot open it under Outlook, and cannot open under Word or Adobe Reader softwares. What do I need to do to open these types of attachments?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: I used Gmail and it tried opening the attachments under the Reader. I tried downloading the 2 files and open it under Word. No luck. Last, I tried opening it under MSN Outlook email.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Other than searching under Google for answers, nothing.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I am currently using a WIN 7 Gateway pc. I have a Gmail account and an Outlook/MSN email account as well, which I use to forward emails to my Gmail when I have these problems.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Usually this happens when a Mac or mac user is who sent or forwarded the message to you. Its usually an issue due to the signature of the forwarding account, whether that signature is added through gmail, or t hrough mac mail, or through outlook for mac.

If you ask the person with the mac to temporarily remove there signature and then send you a test message.. The x msg attachments shouldnt come through. basically, those attachments are the signature file or the picture or logos in the signature file.

If you have further questions, or the above suggestion doesnt work.. Let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.