James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My computer crashed and all my information had to be backed

Customer Question

My computer crashed and all my information had to be backed up on an external drive. I have reinstalled Thunderbird and now I am trying to find my emails and address book to import them back into my Thunderbird client. Can you help me?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can help you in one of two ways:
1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.
2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch.

In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.

As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.

If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like the first option.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to communicate back and forth on this page.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how much longer should I wait?

Thank you for your patience. I apologize for the wait. You will need to copy the %appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles folder from the backup and copy it to the current %appdata%\Thundbird\ folder. You can locate the %appdata% folder on the backup by going to \Users\your old username\AppData\Thunderbird

- Be sure that Thunderbird is closed for now.

- From that folder, copy the Thundbird folder and paste it into your current c:\users\user name\appdata\Thunderbird folder.

- Once that is complete, you should be all set.

Please, let me know how that goes.