Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

Why do links I click in email look perfectly fine, but then

Customer Question

Why do links I click in email look perfectly fine, but then when I click... I end up going to redir.aspx/?REF=blahblahblahWhere blahblahblah is a really long string of characters.How do I fix this?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a corporate email provider. We use ms exchange. And I'm on outlook.

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'd rather not.

Okay, you are the boss. Please, test this once; click one of the links in your email, copy the address that it sends you to, and paste it here for me.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
http://redir.aspx/?REF=tBe49-0qpsglqt0NVgnaihREWKWca7k0aVNwiO6XxyxH59jP_5nTCAFodHRwczovL3dpa2kuanVzdGFuc3dlci5sb2NhbC9kaXNwbGF5L09QL1Rlc3QrUGxhbnM.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It also sends me to this link from my iPhone email client.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's the outlook client on iPhone. The link doesn't work at all in apples email client.

At this point, I would suggest you contacting your Email Administrator for your corporate email provider. The problem is on their end. Whey can easily fix this on their end when you explain the issue to them. The problem is that the redir.aspx file is not prefaced with the correct exchange/email server.

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page. To keep them handy, you may wish to bookmark or favorite one of the pages that are listed below. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!".

Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com