Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I click on "reply" and the message is sent before I have a

Customer Question

I click on "reply" and the message is sent before I have a chance to write it.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: On and off for a few months, Came back today.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None.
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not at this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 8 months ago.

Hi, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What browser Firefox, Chrome, IE etc. and what email are you getting this error on Outlook, Gmail, etc?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I run windows 10 and use AOL mail. The browser is AOL.

Does it only happen when you use the AOL browser?

Friendly reminder.

If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
MY AOL version is Desktop 9.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
9.8.1
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It only happens with AOL mail, so I am in AOL at the time.

Okay, lets do these steps to resolve your issue. Just remember, they have to be done in order.

https://help.aol.com/articles/run-the-aol-process-shut-down-utility

Once completed, then run through the steps on this link next:

https://help.aol.com/articles/run-quick-restore-when-using-acs-4-or-acs-3

This should resolve your issue. If you get stuck at any point, let me know.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The first step did not work: after pressing START for the AOL PROCESS SHUT DOWN and a key on the keyboard - nothing happened. The SYSTEM INFORMATION WINDOW remained open.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Isaac,
The shut down utility did not work. I followed the instructions precisely.

Friendly reminder.

I will be here all weekend if you want to finish up. I apologize about the delay.

Is it still 'glitching' on you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is still glitching but - like before - it is sporadic.
I was asked to pay $42 for on line support. Now you tell me to pay another $29 for a "guaranteed" resolution. I expected a resolution for the payment made. If your link does not work, give me better instructions.

No, you are not being charged again. It is a reminder for people who prefer that method only.

If the above didn't work, (please ensure you used both links, 'in order', not just the shut down utility link.

it has to be done by using the first link, then the second) there can only be a couple of more reasons it may

be doing this.

If your hot keys are enabled, it may be that your keyboard 'thinks' that is the command you are hitting. You

can disable them by doing the following for Windows 10 by following this link:

http://www.isumsoft.com/it/disable-win-keyboard-shortcuts-in-windows-10/

Please read at the bottom of this article as it will tell you the hotkeys you will be losing as well so you can make

an informed decision if this is right for you.

Also, have you tried using another keyboard and/or mouse?

If you are on a laptop, the sensitivity may be up way to high.

There is always the option of uninstalling and reinstalling the program as well. You can do this for windows 10

by using this step by step guide from AOL on this link:

https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-software-installing-and-uninstalling

If all else fails and you have tried all of these resolutions to no avail, you can contact AOL about this as well by using the link below:

https://help.aol.com/contact

Their number is *****

They will respond in 24/72 hours for email, so the number may be faster. Nothing in their help section reflects this issue. Only hotkeys and hardware possibilities. If the hardware/hotkeys are not helping, this may be on their end if it is only happening in AOL.

~Franklin