James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Are you able to assign AOL passwords, as I am in Australia,

Customer Question

are you able to assign AOL passwords, as I am in Australia, and have been locked out of my email.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there David and welcome

What is the message you get when you try to sign into your account?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Im in Australia, and the message I receive when logging on, is that "We have detected unusual activity please reset your password. I go to reset it, and it then gives me a 6 digit number. I just need my password ***** That's all.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is the fee a "one off" or do I keep having to pay?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thanks,

When you get the number you need to enter this into the password ***** process when it requests the code, enter it in David and it will let you reset.

It is a one off payment, we have a monthly subscription for unlimited questions but you need to sign up for that.

But do the instructions I gave and let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not working, I'll call the USA tomorrow.
Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

It will work David, its the reason for the process.

Where are you getting stuck?