Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

Outlook 2010 - Macro that references my .oft Templates. In

Customer Question

Outlook 2010 - Macro that references my .oft Templates.
In order to "share" my templates, I have put them into a folder in Dropbox - how do I edit the Set newItem line so it will open the template in Dropbox? The bigger part of this question is I want to be able to export / import this macro with other users in my office, and I don't want to edit the macro everytime I import it on their computer.
Sub Email()
Set newItem = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate("c:\Users\Mark's Office\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Email.oft")
newItem.Display
Set newItem = Nothing
End Sub
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist. I don't believe that you can pull it from Dropbox since it is a application the attaches a cloud connection to your file system. You might try using a environment variable instead of a direct path. You could use %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Email.oft and save the .oft file in the same spot. Every user that logs on, %USERPROFILE$ will be relative to them.

If you are on a domain, you could also use Group Policy to place the template in the user profile for everyone just using the same path with the environment variable.

Just checking in with you. Did the answer above help at all?