Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have some messages I can't delete. I have windows 7 and

Customer Question

I have some messages I can't delete. I have windows 7 and windows live mail.
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 7 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question.

What happens when you try to delete them?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my forward and reply buttons are grey only. I get a notice saying an unknown error has occurred.

Please go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Uninstall a Program -> Locate and click Windows Essentials, choose Change and choose to Repair. Make sure Live Mail is not running while you do this, after it has been repaired, test to see if it then works.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I clicked on windows essentials 2012 and it says wait. Am I uninstalling my mail box?

Use the repair option, do not uninstall live mail.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you call me on my phone at(###) ###-####

If you are having difficulties, please cancel the repair process and i can connect with you remotely to do this if you take remote service.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no "uninstall a program" under "programs and features". I see windows essentials Essentials 2012.

Select Essentials, and click Change. You should then see the repair option.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK wait a minute
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is no repair option. there is a change option

choose change, and tell me what do you see?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I went back and it said repair, so I hit that

Okay. After the repair process has finished, check and see if the Live Mail starts to work fine.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It says it windows essentials was successfully repaired, but I have done that before and it did not help.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It did nothing to let me delete messages.

How is the account setup pop/imap?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know that answer. I do not know pop/map.

Okay. This looks like it has been severely corrupted so a clean install may be needed. Do you know how to export the mails? If we clean install, it will delete mails so if we export it we will be able to import back after a clean install.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not know about export, but I could put everything in a folder and leave just the junk in the inbox.

Please see here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/mail-import-backup-restore

If you leave anything there, and then uninstall for a clean install it will be deleted. It does not matter, which folder.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We need another option. I do not want to loose everything in my folders. I suppose I could put it all on a jump drive.

You can, and that is what the link above states (you can export to a jump drive, external, usb or to a folder on your PC).

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok let me work on that and get back to you. Thanks

Welcome.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry to bother you. I can't figure out how to put email on a jump drive. I think I need to take my computer in and have it fixed.

I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok

You need to click Accept Offer to accept the offer of remote service.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is this an additional $39 or is it covered with my original credit card purchase? I am afraid this could get expensive.

The $39 is the additional charge for remoting in. It is still cheaper as compared to GeekSquad and the cost of taking the PC to a tech to have it fixed. However, it is still optional and i am happy to assist you here (as i was) if you do not want to pay extra for me remoting in.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My concern is that I will go away without my computer fixed and still get charged. As you know already I am no computer whiz.

If you have not subscribed to a membership, then you are only paying for this issue. IF you have subscribed, you cancel it from your account or by calling justanswer on 1(###) ###-####And if the issue is not fixed after me remoting in, you can still call justanswer to request a full refund.