James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I just charged my iPad after about one year and the apple id

Customer Question

Hi, I just charged my iPad after about one year and the apple id email address on the iPad is no longer valid and I don't remember the answers to my security questions. So basically I just want to restore my whole iPad and start from scratch,
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: the one on my iPad that is invalid is***@******.***, the one I want to use is***@******.***
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Email Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

So in other words, you want to use a different Apple ID on your iPad ? and you don't care whether you erase everything on it or lose any data or configuration on it?

How about regaining access to it by way of the old Apple ID, by regaining that Apple ID's password, then using that access to change the Apple ID on it? that might be the best way to try going about it.

IF you wanted to try it that way, this could help you get your (former) Apple ID's password ***** (- unless you've already tried this way, of course):

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=password

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've tried that and it says that the email on my iPad (*****@******.***) is not an apple id but on my iPad a box keeps popping up telling me to put in the password ********@******.*** as an apple id

Then that isn't possible.

Try this method of wiping the iPad back to a clean slate:

- connect the iPad to a computer with a USB cable.

- start iTunes on the computer

- does the iPad ask for a password ***** this point?

Let me know what happens, please. Thanks.