GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds

I got a notice that my google account had been accessed by

Customer Question

I got a notice that my google account had been accessed by someone in Nigeria. Then my account was deactivated, and I had to reset my password. I have an android (S6) and when I tap on the google search bar, I see that the history is not mine, that is - I never searched the items listed. How do cut the tie with the hacker from Nigeria?
Ernest Swinn***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

You've already taken the most important step by resetting your password ***** regaining access to your account. However, I think that it would be a very good idea to also change your security questions. By doing that you will have made it very difficult fo rthem to acces sit again.

Please make sure that your password ***** ***** strong password ***** up of upper and lower case letters along with #'s and symbols like exclamation marks or % signs.Try to make it a password ***** you don't use anywhere else. If you use the password ***** another site and that site is hacked, they will try that password ***** your email address on other sites.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I hope that I have provided the information that you were seeking. If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!