Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I just changed my pc with windows 10 and since that

Customer Question

Hi,i just changed my pc with windows 10 and since that time,when opening my windows live mail 2012, i receive the same message that windows live calendar service is not functioning.i have never used that function.Thank you
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Email Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Email Technician should know?
Customer: i have tried not signing in like suggested ,but i lost my contacts list.so signed in again for my contacts but the error came back
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 5 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

This has been an acknowledged issue with Windows Live Mail, only for Windows 10 users.

May I set up a quick remote session to troubleshoot the issue now?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 5 months ago.

If you would like me to provide you with the steps to carry out yourself, please feel free to ignore the minimal remote offer and instead reply back to me below. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will carry it out myself,thank you
Expert:  Barun replied 5 months ago.

No problem, I'll provide you with the stepwise directions now, to resolve this issue with Windows Live Mail. Please allow me a couple of minutes to type it up now.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Barun replied 5 months ago.

First off, open up Windows Live Mail, and then click on the Contacts tab at the bottom-left to open up your contacts.

Next, click on the "Export" tab at the top, and then click "Comma separated values (.CSV)"; when prompted, save the contacts.CSV file to any location, e.g. desktop.

Next, click on the blue Windows Live Mail drop-down menu icon (at the very top-left corner, above the 'Email Message' icon.)

Select 'Options', and then click on 'Mail' from the right.

In the Options window, select the 'Connection' tab and click 'Stop Signing in' under the 'Connecting to Windows Live Services' section. Click Apply > OK.

Done that, close and re-open Windows Live Mail - the error will have stopped coming up, but if you go to Contacts, you will see that your contacts have disappeared as well.

Next, in the Contacts window, click on "Import" at the top, and then click "Comma separated values (.CSV)".

When prompted, select the contacts.CSV file that you had exported earlier, and click Open. This will import all of your contacts back into Windows Live Mail (along with stopping the original error from showing up in the future as well.)

Expert:  Barun replied 5 months ago.

Do let me know how it goes. If you need any further assistance with carrying out the steps provided in my above reply, please be sure to reply back using the box below.

Otherwise, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 5 months ago.

Kindly update me on the issue when you can. Thanks.