Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

Outlook has stopped working on my Samsung Tablet SMT800. How

Customer Question

Outlook has stopped working on my Samsung Tablet SMT800. How do I get it back working?
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

How are you accessing outlook, are you accessing outlook.com through your web browser?

or through the tablets built in email app?

Or do you have the outlook mail app itself downloaded and installed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tablet has an icon that I clicked on and up came my email. Now it no longer works.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Allright. what you may have to do is either

A. go into the settings, accounts, and delete the outlook mail account. Then, add it back again using the current password ***** complete email address.

Or B. ( And this is a more reliable option) Download and install the free outlook app for your tablet, which you can get here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook

That app is reliable and simple to use, you simply install it. And then locate the blue outlook icon in your apps, start the app. And then sign in using your email and password. Then, all you have to do is tap the app and when it opens your newest mail will already be there.

if you get stuck or run into any issues with either of these steps, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not working. Plan B I tried and installed app. Same pop up screen stating Outlook Not Working came up and I had two Outlook icons on my screen. Plan A I tried. Uninstalled Outlook, icons disappeared, but the app indicated Outlook is still installed. Where do I try to install from?
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Id go into your settings, data and settings apps and clear the app data and cache for the android app

https://www.androidpit.com/clear-app-cache-vs-clear-app-data-difference

The settings, app page is also where you should uninstall the outlook app from. First, clear the cache and data for each version of outlook installed. Then uninstall them and restart the phone.

Then, once thats done. Reinstall the app one more time, add your email account and it sh ould be working now.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Deleted outlook. Deleted cache. Turned tablet off and on. Store still shows Outlook as installed, so I can not install new Outlook Not working. That's end of it. I'll take to Best Buy Samsung expert. Thanks.
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi!

If you perform a factory reset on the tablet, it will fix your issue.

1. From the Home screen, select “Apps” in the upper-right corner.
  2. Choose “Settings“.
  3. Select “Back up and reset“.
  4. Select “Factory data reset“.
  5. Select “Reset device“.
  6. Select “Delete all“.
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.