James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Re: D 1680 -4 The unit cuts in after 2 rings and will not

Customer Question

Re: D 1680 -4 The unit cuts in after 2 rings and will not record the callers statementI followed the instructions from the hand held unit. Is it correctable?
Category: Email
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Daniel.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do callers say they leave messages but you never get them?
5) If you pick up the line, do you hear a few beeps or a fast/stutter tone, prior to the dial tone?