Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

I have excel VBA code which opens the email envelope in 2013

Customer Question

Good Evening,
I have excel VBA code which opens the email envelope in 2013 and brings up the outlook warning. On clicking allow the remainder of the VBA code works and a user form is pasted into the body of the email. However I wish to use this code on a surface tablet running outlook 2016. Thecode fail to open outlook. It sits in the task bar and flashes. When you click on it the envelope will open and it will load the pasted form - but not until you click on the outlook icon on the task bar. Please help
Category: Email
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

This can happen if the version of MS Office on the Surface is different than tha version that the code was originally written for.

What is the exact error message you are getting?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not getting any error message on the surface at all. The Outlook Icon just flashes on the task bar- When I click on it it will open and load the envelope and paste the form.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Is the end result Brian you want your code to send an email direct from within Excel?