Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  All type of email clients, microsoft, web based, linux
63493917

My yahoo account keeps reloading all my old emails. I have

Customer Question

My yahoo account keeps reloading all my old emails. I have deleted all inbox and trash several times to no avail. I have also deleted the account and opened it again under a yahoo app. Can you please help?
Sandra(###) ###-####
Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 8 months ago.

Hello Sandra, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Your email account server could be using the POP3 format, instead of the newer IMAP format.

.

POP3 works a bit differently, than IMAP, and requires that you login to your email account using the WEB BROWSER, instead of an Email APP.

.

What happens when you use an app, is that your messages are delivered to the APP, and then you delete them from the APP, but the server STILL holds the same copies that you just deleted.

POP3 accounts so not SYNC with the APP, so when you delete from the APP, your email server doesnt know that, and thinks you want all the emails again.

.

If i can see what kind of Email server, and account you are using, then I could help you better. A remote Session would be best.