Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

Lenovo b570 laptop crashed; erroeR codE Oxc000000f; ALSO

Customer Question

lenovo b570 laptop crashed; erroeR codE Oxc000000f; ALSO SHOWS=A REQUIRED DEVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE<> CAN THIS BE FIXED WITHOUT LOSING ANY OF MY APPS?
Category: Email
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, an email expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hi Ray: I'm afraid this error is very serious; it indicates a failed internal hard drive. While fixable, the repair process will require reinstallation of your computer's operating system and all of your apps. Your existing apps, documents, pictures, etc. will not be saved as part of this process.

Repair of your computer will require:

• Internal 2.5" hard drive
  • System Restore/Windows Installation media

The hard drive cost will run about $50-$75; installation services tend to run $20-$50 depending on where you go. If Lenovo did not provide recovery discs, these can be purchased directly from Lenovo for around $80; if you seek professional reinstallation of your operating system, this service will run $99-$199 depending in the service provider. All told, your repair costs would run from $70 - $404 depending on where you go and what you need to have done.

If you have important data on the failed hard drive, it *may* be possible for a professional to recover the data. Depending on the severity of the damage to the drive, this service fee varies wildly -- from $49 - $1,500 or more depending on the service provider and the method required to extract the data.

I am extremely sorry to be the bearer of bad news here, but wanted to make sure you at least had enough information to make an informed decision about how you'd like to proceed. If you have any questions or I can be of any further help to you, please let me know.