James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I am unable to use the search feature to look or unread

Customer Question

I am unable to use the search feature to look for old or unread emails. They are there but the search function yields nothing
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: aol
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: reboot and going to my husband's AOL account to see if it happens to him also - it does
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

The AOL email server's search feature might be down right now, but I can try troubleshooting your computer first.

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows 10 - No I would prefer not to give you access - sorry security issues for my client records on the computer

I'm sorry. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions you can use.

Do you go to the AOL website aol.com to use email? Or do you use a program called AOL Desktop for email? etc.?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I understand the remote access and simply prefer not to use it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I went to AOL.com -
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
With apologies - it has taken over 30 minutes to get to this step and I do not have any more time to deal with this at the moment. I am signing off - please refund

I'm sorry, we've just started troubleshooting. Would you like to continue later? Or would you like me to email you the instructions you can try later when you have time? We guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please let me know. Thank you.