Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Need either an address or preferably a : I can' t get my

Customer Question

need either an address for yahoo or preferably a
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I can' t get my yahoo account for the last 6 months
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: abount 6 months or more
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything I know of
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 6 months ago.

If you have already tried all of the steps at the password ***** page here then unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password ***** answer the security questions correctly if that option is showing to you.

If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in without verifying it is yours. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password.

Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online at the recovery page I just linked and it sounds like you tried that already. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account. I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** answers to the security questions, or perhaps use a recovery email account or phone number that you would have had to set up before this problem started then there is no way back in.

Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. " So unfortunately there are no options left since it sounds like you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more time looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from being able to reset the password ***** online recovery tool.

I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

Thank you,

Chris