Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I was notified by lifelock that my email had been breached

Customer Question

I was notified by lifelock that my email had been breached (I was always signed in) and they suggested changing my password ***** which I did. Now when I go to sign in....if I wait a few minutes - my new email starts loading, I can X out the sign-in screen and get right to my email and read it! Does that mean anyone who has my email and do the same?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please for which email service this is for and which internet browser you are using please?

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
windows live mail; Windows 7
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, you did not mention the internet browser sorry, is it eg: Internet Explorer?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
internet explorer - sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart the computer and tell me if you still have the issue please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is going to sound stupid but if I restart computer, how I am I going to be connected to you again?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

its no problem, return to this web page, and then post a message.

You can press CTRL + D to add this page to your favorites so you can easily return.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thanks - I'll try now...hope it works
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
One more question - on the advanced tab - where it says reset; are you sure this will be safe as the message is should only do this if in "unstable state". I'm assuming all the things that are checked there have always been checked - I've never done anything on the advanced tab before. Sorry if I sound computer illiterate but I don't want to screw things up
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

its ok, yes it is safe.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
here comes another dumb question - I am such a chicken! Anyway, Windows Live Mail is a program that I added a couple of years after getting this computer. Will that and other added programs disappear from my computer if it goes back to original settings?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

No, your just resetting Internet Explorer.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm going to just do the reset and see how it goes. If I still have that problem ... I'll contact this site again. As far as the 47 dol. a month - not interested in that at all. This is just a one-time thing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your help Richard.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Its no problem at all Paula

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you