Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.

I need to recover my Microsoft account.

Customer Question

I need to recover my Microsoft account.
Category: Email
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question, if I can.

What sort of Microsoft account do you need to recover? an MSN, or Hotmail, or Microsoft Wallet, or what sort?

And, by 'recover', you mean, to recover from what event?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Windows 10 will scarcely let me do anything without having a Microsoft account. Cortana tell me I need to come ask you to get a security number or code. This annoys me, because Microsoft has just decided not accept my old password. I haven't forgotten it. I ten to think they're deliberately making me go through this.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm having BIG problems with nearly everything I try to do since Microsoft more or less forced me to update to Windows 10. For one thing, they insist that I can't create a new account because I already have one.
Then they refuse to acknowledge my password ***** my account (which I haven't forgotten).

I honestly do not know how to resolve that sort of problem, so I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

(And your request for Secure Remote Assistance is also open to other Experts to take up, if they wish.)

In parting, I would recommend that you make sure, when trying to log in using your old Microsoft account, that

A. you aren't still in the option for 'create a new account' - if it already exists you cannot create it, and

B. you specify the old account's user-name or username, as well as its password. A password ***** an account won't work with a different account.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I have accepted your request for secure remote assistance.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page:

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 61 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Hello again,

I see that you are not connected, yet.

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Thank you,
***** *****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There was no download, and you backed off the "case." You told me there was nothing you could do for me and recommended that I call Microsoft. This puts us both in a spot. You have a history of good ratings, but I can't give you anything but a bad rating, which I don't want to do, because I believe you would have helped me had you been able. Furthermore, I was guaranteed a 100% satisfaction but didn't get even 5%. My next question, then, is: How can we put this behind us without damaging your credit rating or my being billed when I got no satisfied service? Right now I need to go to bed, so I won't be able to respond to your response until tomorrow. Thank you for your well meaning.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm wrong about the download. I did receive that and the number 61. But you then told me I needed some sort of code or number to continue. You asked me for my telephone number, and I gave it to you. You told me you couldn't text me on that phone, and I told you that it was the only phone I own. That's when you withdrew from the matter, telling me that there was nothing you could do to help me, that I should call Microsoft.