James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have had a gmail account since 2011. My recovery email is

Customer Question

I have had a gmail account since 2011. My recovery email is no longer active and I need to change it. I have changed my password ***** my gmail account. I have gone through ALL the steps on g.co/recover to try to change my recovery email account to my iCloud account. I got to the last step to edit my recovery email account and it asks for my Google account password. I put in the recently changed password ***** my gmail account and it says it is the wrong password. What do I have to do to get this recovery email changed? If you try to contact me I won't get your email.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you having issue with your gmail email account password? Or with your iCloud account password?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,