Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

I can't get into my yahoo mail because it says I 't know my

Customer Question

I can't get into my yahoo mail because it says I don't know my password!
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist. Have you tried to reset your password ***** the Yahoo account recovery tool?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
but I never could it to work

So the recovery questions and the secondary e-mail are not working for you?

It does not look like the Secure Assistance went through. The problem with the security questions and secondary e-mail failing is that there is no other way of recovering the e-mail account. Yahoo will not support an e-mail account beyond that. Their solution is to create a new account and make sure the secondary security measures are in place.

Unfortunately, I've seen this happen all too often. GMail has the same policy. The only way to get into that account is to use the password ***** tool in Yahoo's help page.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I now have another new acct??? I need to recover all the info from my old acct

Without being able to get into the account, you won't be able to access your old e-mail. Do you only access it through the web page or have you pulled the e-mail down to an e-mail client?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I gave you my home phone # ***** mistake - My cell # ***** *****(###) ###-#### ***** must have the emails from my old account!!!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have to have those old emails sent to my new account!!!

Without having access to the old account, you won't be able to access. Yahoo will only allow access through the Help tool.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2051.html

There is no other way of gaining access to the account other than the recovery site.

They do not have a support line to use as the it would allow users to compromise mail accounts if there was another way to bypass security. I would continue to try all of the possible answers to your security questions as it will be the only way to get in if you do not have the password. I'm sorry to give you the bad news. Is there anything else I can help you with?