Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I desperately need help are you there

Customer Question

I desperately need help are you there
Category: Email
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I accidentally deleted an AOL folder with urgently needed into in it -- how can I get it back? I am on a macI was told an expert was waiting for me-- so if I do not get an immediate answer this is false advertising-- I took photos to verify this
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 10 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, an email expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Great!

Just to confirm, this was an email folder? Can you tell me how long ago it was deleted?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
less that 20 minutes ago and yes, it was an AOL saved folder.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no, I am not comfortable with giving you access to my computer -- you will have to talk me though it. Would you prefer to call me?

...and did you purge the messages from the "Trash," or simply delete the folder? As long as the Trash hasn't been purged, AOL (by default) retains deleted messages there for 7 days.

In order to restore your deleted AOL emails, here are the steps:

Step 1: Using your web browser, go to http://aol.com. In the top right corner of the AOL page, click on the envelope icon to go to AOL Mail.

Step 2: Sign in to your AOL account. When signed in, click on the Trash icon located at the left panel. This shall open the contents of your Trash folder.

Step 3: In the Trash folder, you will see all of your deleted emails that is not older than seven (7) days.

Step 4: If you want to recover or restore any of the emails in the list, click on the check box to select the email message.

Step 5: When the deleted emails are selected, click on the Action button above then in the pull down menu, click on "Inbox" under "Move To" group of commands. This action will move the deleted emails that you selected back to the Inbox.

Apologies for the email you received re: remote assistance; it is an automated message from JustAnswer.com and not at all required.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am pretty good on the computer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Eric, are you still there?

I am! Did you receive my last message?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Only that you wanted to securely connect and I am not conformable with that
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you get my message that yes, it was an AOL folder and I deleted it 20 minutes ago

Yes, apologies...you can ignore that message (it is an automated mailing from JustAnswer.com and not required).

Here is the response I sent a few minutes ago:

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did not empty my trash, but looked in my trash folder... -- the only emails in my trash were individual emails. NO folders.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In other words, I am not trying to retrieve an individual email but a folder filled with emails
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you still there?

I understand. If your deleted folder isn't showing there, you won't be able to restore the folder yourself; however, AOL *may* be able to restore your entire inbox to the state of its most recent backup. In order to provide you the best contact information for them, may I know whether you subscribe to their service or use their free product?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I use the free product but don't mind signing up for paid service if that will help-- I can't figure out how to sign up for the paid service-- they supposedly have tech support 24/7.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can you help me figure out how to sign up for aol my benifits

You'll be able to obtain support either way, but the paid product does offer a dedicated technical support line that is manned 24/7, as you mention. Their standard support line is available daily from 8AM EST until midnight.

Technical Support (Paid Customers Only): 1-***-***-**** (24 x 7)

Account Support (all customers): 1-***-***-****

I am seeking a link to sign up for paid service, if you desire..please allow just a moment.

You can upgrade your account from your My Account page. Under Service Options, click Manage My Subscriptions. This will bring up the Manage My Services & Subscriptions page, which will allow you to browse through each subscription you're currently enrolled in and add or remove services as desired.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I already got it, thanks

Great! Thank you for visiting JustAnswer.com. If we can be of any further assistance to you, please let us know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the 24/7 number isn't working )--:

The 1-***-***-**** is not working? Let me see if I can track down another.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I got through

I'm glad to hear it! I also found this, as an alternative solution: http://get.aol.com/plans/home-internet-service.php