James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I have 500 names & email addresses of people who stopped by

Customer Question

I have 500 names & email addresses of people who stopped by our booth at the BookExpo 2016: 'I want to send each person, ,using their 1st name, info about me & my book. It takes a little over one page if I include a photo or two. In what form does Mail Chimp require this be sent to you? We have the list of names & their eaddress. Should there be a "subject" ior " title" Do you have a sample?...How do you charge? Please inform Thank you..., ***@******.***
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Betty, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Have you been using Mail Chimp already? Or are you still considering the use of Mail Chimp? Yes, Mail Chimp can do this for you and I can assist you directly in setting up this email blast for you using Mail Chimp. That is, if you allow, I can remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in using Mail Chimp to send your newsletter to your 500 contacts.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Jess, Thank you , but you did not answer my questions as asked...Your answer also arrived too late on a Saturday Night for me to continue working as I had been working since morning, So Calif time ., USA ..I have since found the answer of how to submit a file to Mail Chimp...Yes, I a couple of years ago, the PR Firm I then used, Jolson Creative, did this for me, using my credit card for Flashback maybe I already have an account with Mail Chimp ? I was really looking for a simple How To use mail Chimp answer, not a conversation & signup for something...Thank you for trying.
Meanwhile, I was not pleased with the service.. please refund the money I committed to you last night...It was not clear if this was just for your answers to my Qs or to pay to send out the 500 names.???
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Betty,

Thank you for writing back and I am glad that you were able to find the answers yourself. I actually dud not provide an answer to your question because it called for a process and I was not sure yet what exactly that you want since there are a lot of things that you can do with Mail Chimp that I can assist you with. So I just informed you about our Secure Remote Option wherein I can remotely access your computer and perform the procedures for you while you watch. I can also demo to you the various features of Mail Chimp so that you can use it better.

Anyhow, thank you for using our service. Yes, you can get a refund of your deposit. Here is the link about refunding:

Best regards,