Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Samsung Galaxy Note 10. 116GB Having trouble with my aol

Customer Question

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
116GB Having trouble with my aol email. Stopped syncing 3/13/2016. Unable to delete email - delete account failure - Correction error. On my account email page, the sync email button is grayed out and every other thing is dark. Account password ***** in okay, but as soon as I leave that account and then go back to it, my password ***** doubled or changed. One area it says my email messages have synced, but my emails are frozen back to March 13th. Support at the Verizon store was unable to help. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro, but no problems. It sync's fine. Help
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It sounds like your device probably needs to either have the cache and data cleared for the built in email app, and possibly factory reset the device.

Or, you can download and install the much more reliable AOL mail app for android, and access your aol mail using the app.

If you want to go the route of repairing the built in email app. Heres how to backup your data first

And t he guide on this page will help you factory reset the device.

Then all you would need to do is add your accounts again, and import the data from your backups. Altogether, its an hour to two or three hour process.

Whereas the AOl app would only take a few minutes to download, install and setup in order to access your mail that way.

if you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't clear data or cache. I can enter password ***** my aol email, but once I leave it and come back later and go back into aol, the password ***** ***** large. Seams like it is doubling or different password ***** ***** All of my email accounts work on my phone, computer, my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro, but aol account does't work on the Galaxy Note 10.116. If I go to email in settings, the account shows a current sync, but if I go into my email account and hit settings, it shows that the sync and emails stopped on 3/13/2016. I tried to delete my aol email account, but it won't let me. Not sure if you understood my first email on the problem.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you log in to the tablet? Tried to download Samsung Kies on my chrome account, but when I hit download, it went darker gray and didn't do anything. Again, I'm not tech savy and not sure if I'm doing it right or not.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

I cant connect to your tablet..

Did you try the AOL android app I mentioned?