James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I have an email with an important receipt on it from early

Customer Question

I have an email with an important receipt on it from early December,2014 and my saved mail only goes back to the end of December,2014.Is there a way to retrieve that email? It was from Gene Longo,HIFI HOUSE.
JA: Got it. The Email Technician will be able to help you. Is there anything else important you think the Email Technician should know?
Customer: The email was a receipt for a Sony television, an OPPO bluray player,a SONY 4K Box, and some cables.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,my name is***** will be assisting you with your email issue today.

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Which email service are you using let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @ yahoo.com?

How do you open this email usually, is it using any email client like Microsoft Outlook, windows live mail Or using web browsers like Internet explorer, Mozilla, Google Chrome?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Sir/Ma’am please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I use Safari and Internet Explorer and Google Crome.I use Windows 10 on my Sony Vaio and Safari on my APPLE MACBOOK PRO.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the details but you forgot to answer this so could you please let me know which email service are you using let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @ yahoo.com?

Are you currently chatting to me from the windows 10 PC?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I use AOL
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have been using AOL for the past 15 years
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

OK just to clarify you use AOL email service using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome and you created a folder called saved messages in AOL email but its not showing the purchase receipt December,2014 am i correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

OK if you are accessing AOL email use web browser (Internet Explorer or Google Chrome) then you are accessing directly from the server.

Are you able to view other saved emails in December 2014 or before that?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No there is one email in my saved folder and it is dated 5/23/2015 and in my old mail folder the last email is dated 12/19/2014
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The email I am looking for is dated late November or early December
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

Is there any other folder in your email account that you haven't checked also is there a archive folder present your email account.Let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have checked the other folders with no luck and there is no archive folder that I see.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

What about trash/deleted folder if it somehow gotten removed recently it will still be in deleted/trash

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's not in trash or deleted mail
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

I believe you had already tried the search function inside the email?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried searching using the name on email and the heading receipt and the possible date.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It seems everything before 12/19/2014 is gone.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

In the that case it seems like saved folder quota got full and it got erased by the AOL server and to be honest with you there is no way recovering it,I am sorry about it and i know this is not the news you are looking for but if you don't mind me asking did you purchase these "Sony television, an OPPO bluray player,a SONY 4K Box, and some cables" online if so which website?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I purchased them from a local store that has gone out of business.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

OK then if you don't mind me asking how did you get a online receipt if you purchased it from a local store or is this a bank receipt for the purchase?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks for your help. my last hope is that my salesman whom I have stayed in touch with still has it.Alo I read online that the email was gone but you said you could help.Since there was no help there is no charge,right?
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

If you want i can open this question to other experts and see if they can help you.

Do you want me to open this to other experts?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My salesman emailed me the receipt which he still had after the store went bankrupt since he had forgotten to give it to me on the day of purchase.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I read online in several places that the email is gone but you can ask around if you would like to.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

OK then i will open this question to other experts and see if they can help you.When another expert answers you will be notified in your email.

If that also doesn't work then you can ask for the refund using this link :- http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone?category_id=160

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you for your efforts John.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.

You are welcome.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Although I won't be able to help you retrieve this particular email, I can offer some suggestions to prevent this type of problem in the future. I would suggest that you use a third party browser such as Thunderbird (free)that will allow you to save emails on your computer. We can set up so that emails are NOT deleted automatically when they're deleted from the AOL serves. I can provide detailed written instructions, or If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.