Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

My laptop keyboard is typing the completely wrong thing when

Customer Question

my laptop keyboard is typing the completely wrong thing when i press the buttons. i.e: when i press the "t" key it turns on airplane mode and types "ty["
help please.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please the make and model of the LaptopWhich version of windows you haveAnd when this problem started?Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HP PavilionWindows 8.1Started a few hours ago but was fine earlier today
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ThanksCan you press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin)A black window will open. Type in it sfc /scannow press enter and when it has completed, type in chkdsk /r Press enter. It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer. Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has. Than check if you still have the issue I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please