James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Iforgot my password ***** msn email. we pruchased new phones

Customer Question

Iforgot my password ***** msn email. we pruchased new phones so cant go them because i I cant remenber this password. i have done the paperwork 3 times and they keep asking me to do it phone is(###) ###-####if you want to call me. thank you
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi Sally! Is the process that yo have followed? Please go this website: the appropriate selection. If you have no idea what your password ***** be, choose I forgot my password. If you think you know your password ***** it isn’t allowing you to sign in, choose that one. Click next.On the next page enter the email address that you are trying to gain access to. Also enter the “CAPTCHA” that is displayed on the page. Occasionally they can be difficult to read. If this is the case, click on the audio button to have the computer read it aloud to you. After entering it click next. If you have entered the CAPTCHA incorrectly you will be given the opportunity to try again. When it has been entered correctly, please click next.On the next page you can choose to have a code sent to the phone associated with your account or to the recovery email associated with your account. If you no longer have access to the phone or to the recovery email, click on “I don’t have any of these”.This will give you the opportunity to answer a few questions and provide a few details about how you used this email account in the past. You will be asked things like the email address of people that you emailed from the account, the subject of some of the emails that you may have sent, etc. This is to establish that you are indeed the rightful owner of the account. If you can provide enough details, they will be able to give you access to the account. Simply follow their instructions and answer the questions to the best of your ability.If you have tried all of this please let me know and I will try to find an alternative method for you.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Are you able to access your email on your computer? If so, it's possible that that the password ***** be stored on your computer and I I may be able to retrieve it for you. Please advise.