Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience:  Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Why am I not receiving my mail and I cant send anything

Customer Question

why am I not receiving my mail and I cant send anything
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
windows 8, asus tablet
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, and are you using an email program to access your mail, such as outlook 2013, thunderbird, windows mail desktop, etc?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
was with outlook, now gmail
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Ok, if you use your web browser and go to and t ry to sign in, what happens exactly? Will it let you sign in?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I get right in but when I click on the mail icon its like my mail was frozen about a month ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Understood, this could be one of several issues. If you have a phone or another computer connected to your gmail account, then the other phone or computer could be accessing the new messages via pop or imap, and clearing them from the server ( g mail ) Or, mail could be being forwarded, or caught by a filter.. Would you like me to connect and work on this issue directly, or would you prefer to have me work through this via written support instead? Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Written support, please
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Ok, first things first.. Lets change your gmail password. To do so click this link Sign in, and then click on the right hand side to change your password. Once the password ***** beenc hanged. next, click this link if you see any filters, select them and delete them Once both steps are done. Try to send yourself an email , using your own gmail account. ( this will test both sending, and receiving) Does it g o through? If so, the issue is resolved, please return here and click and submit a rating. Otherwise, if you were unable to complete the above steps, or if these didnt work please send a reply and let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.