Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

If i delete an alternate yahoo email address, will they get

Customer Question

If i delete an alternate yahoo email address, will they get a notification?
Category: Email
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Do you mean you want to delete a yahoo address connected to your main yahoo account or do you just want to delete an entirely different address? Also who are you referring to about getting a notification?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I delete an alternate email address from my main. Will the alternate recieve a notification of deletion?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Obviously a notification will be posted to the alternate for adding. I would like to know if it happens as well the other way around.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
I just tested this out on my own yahoo account and an alternate email address does receive an alert that it was removed. Here is exactly what the message says.On May 21, 2016 at 1:17 PM, the following email address was removed from your account:c***********@******.*** you made this change, you're all set. This was my recovery email address for my yahoo account listed under account security on yahoo. So if that is the address you are talking about then the answer is yes, they do send a notification. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thanks,Chris