Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Email Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have forgotten my account security questions, how do I

Customer Question

I have forgotten my account security questions, how do I reset them: they were probably set up in the nineties!
Category: Email
Expert:  Sandy replied 10 months ago.
Hi,I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today.I'm sorry about the issue.Can you please tell me about this account service provider? Yahoo/aol/hotmail or other
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why, that is not an issue. Did you READ the question? I already logged into the account management page and simply want to activate '2-step authorization' which needs me to answer security questions, hence my question !!!
Expert:  Sandy replied 10 months ago.
Okay, I understand that you want 2-step authorization for your Apple ID. With two-step verification, you don't need to create or remember any security questions. Your identity is verified exclusively using your password, verification codes sent to your trusted devices, and your Recovery Key.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have been using apple systems from the first Apple I. Why are you continuing to ask me the same question? I am tracking this conversation, please answer my question.
Expert:  Sandy replied 10 months ago.
With two-step verification, you don't need to create or remember any security questions. Your identity is verified exclusively using your password, verification codes sent to your trusted devices, and your Recovery Key. When you set up two-step verification for your Apple ID, you must provide at least one SMS-capable phone number to receive temporary verification codes from Apple. You'll use these codes to verify your identity and help keep your account secure.The text messages that provide verification codes are free of charge. If you're not connected to your carrier's network when you receive the message, your carrier may charge you for roaming.How to Add or remove an SMS number:Sign in to your Apple ID account page.In the Security section, click Edit.Click Add a Trusted Phone number.To add a number, enter the phone number and verify it with a text.To remove a number, click next to the phone number you want to remove.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have already tried that, no joy. I am going to assume you are unable to help me so I will drive up to the infinite loop camus with this transcript, (1 mile away). Thenk you fot the FREE trial, you failed, have a nice day!
Expert:  Sandy replied 10 months ago.
I'm opting out and leaving it for other experts. Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
FYI, you can't do what you suggest because security question answers are required to edit, understand!
Expert:  Chris L. replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Follow these instructions and you should be able to accomplish resetting the security questions an then you can activate 2-step. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.In the Security section, click Change Questions.When you're asked to answer your security questions, click "Reset your security questions." Apple will email you at your rescue email address. If you don't see "Reset your security questions," you don't have a rescue emailIn this case you will need to call into apple for help. Go to the following page:https://getsupport.apple.com/Next click Apple ID, Next click Forgot my security questions, On the next page click No Thanks, ***** ***** click the phone icon that says talk to apple support. On the next page you will enter your name and phone number and click continue and apple support with call you. Once they call they should be able to resolve this right away. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Thanks,Chris
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please not not contact me again! I was able to reset the security questions with help from the 'other' apple support line. They understood the SAME question immediately and worked WITH me to resolve it, it took all of two minutes! I have credited them on a survey an suggested the 'justanswer' team ask them to help with technique. Blindly following a script created to deal with people with IQ's below 80 is not helpful. I have archived this thread to make sure you don't continue to send useless emails. Enjoy what is left of your weekend.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Re my last answer, you are required to cease and desist from contacting me in this and any related matters unless it is by United States Mail, and only for the purpose of informing me that you are terminating all efforts to contact me or that you are taking specific court of legal action. In other words, get off my back!