Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

I am trying to learn to use Gmail My son has used an account

Customer Question

I am trying to learn to use Gmail My son has used an account on my computer. The gmail defaults to his account. I am not given an option to sign on as another user-only for a different account for him. He is not available to sign off from my computer. How do I sign off from his account and sign on to my account?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Hi there and welcome JudyWhen you are in Gmail, click on the circle with the initial in it in the top right and click Sign out.Then click Sign in with a different accountthen you can enter in your own account and sign in with that.Let me know please how you go.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no letter in circle on the top right of the page. Letter in circle in center of box in middle of page with space below for password. I click on the letter and nothing happens
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have gmail accounts, they all seem to be mixed up. I have trouble remembering PWs. I would like to remove/delete all accounts and start over again. Is this possible?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
I do not think your actually signed into an account thenYou see Add Account on your screen? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The whole thing is already very screwed up! I have about 5 gmail accts and cannot access any of them. But at the moment I do not have $42+$39 so I guess I'll have to sign off. thank you for your help!
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
its ok, we can continue here, it was just an optional service.What do you mean with your not able to access them?