Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.

I have created a new Gmail account, I wrote down the user name

Customer Question

I have created a new Gmail account, I wrote down the user name and password ***** Now gmail says that is wrong. I damn well that's right. now it wont allow me to reset the pass word. help
Category: Email
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try closing Internet Explorer. All windows of Internet Explorer should be closed.

Wait a bit.

Then, start Internet Explorer in Safe Mode, as follows:

1. Open a 'Command Prompt' window. (search for 'cmd', and you should get a link to Command Prompt.)
  2. Type cd/ to get a blank C: prompt.
  3. Type in
  4. "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
  5. with the double-quotes included just as shown.
  6. (where C: is your local drive)
  7. Press ENTER.

Try to log in with the original password ***** Be sure that CAPS LOCK is not On.

Be sure that you can read your own handwriting without any ambiguity about any character. If you included a space character in your password, don't enter the space or any character after it - the system that created your account may see the space character is the end-marker for your password, for instance.