Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I use to use my gmail account in my android phone ..

Customer Question

Hello i use to use my gmail account in my android phone .. on may 16 due to some work i had to login my gmail account through computer in cyber .. kept it open for some time i automatically got disabled... Please help I need my account back
JA: Is there anything else the Email Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Let me knw if u need any details.. i use this email from a very long time .. might from 2008
JA: Got it. The Email Technician will be able to help you. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac? Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in recovering your Gmail account while you watch?Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I use it though my mobile phone
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back. Have you not accessed your Gmail from a desktop computer or a laptop besides the May 16 access?Also, are you using a computer now to chat with me? Or are you using your smartphone?Lastly, can you please tell me the part of your Gmail account before @gmail.com (which means your username) so that I can check for your recovery options?Please let me know so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can provide you my gmail *****@******.***
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** me a moment to check for your recovery information.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No i dint..
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am using smartphone
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Ok, I am now checking the status of your account and I believe it was hacked and now the account was disabled for your protection. Please give me a moment to recovery it for you.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Can you please tell me the last password ***** remember? The hacker could have changed your password.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for that information. I am now in the process of recovering your account. In this process, it will be better if you do this yourself while I am just assisting you.Do you have a computer right now? Or do you want me to continue but you just need to provide the information? If yes, please tell me:1. When was the last time that you were able to sign in to your account?2. When did you create your gmail account? (Month and year only)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I dont have any computer ... you please do it on behalf of me.. i can provide you the necessary info.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Please give me your response to the 2 questions I posted.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was able to sign in on may 16th 2016. I am not sure when did i create gmail mail account.. it should be in 2008
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Can you guess the month in 2008? Google needs the month and a year
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried through that procedure .. but it doesn't work ..not sure but you can take it as January
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Ok January then.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
It is now trying to verify your ownership of the account and asking for your library card number. Can you please tell me that number?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I dont know what is that .. can you please tell me where can i get that
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
So I believe it was the hacker who added this security information, thus this appears or sounds unknown to you. Please let me continue the process.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please help .. i need this account
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Now this is critical. And if you can still look into your phone, it will be helpful if you do that. Please give me 5 email addresses that you have sent an email to recently. I mean 5 email addresses.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
***@******.******@******.***
***@******.***
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
One more email please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Now, please tell me if you created email folders to organize your emails. I am referring to labels in Gmail or email folders besides the default INBOX, SENT, etc. Please give me at least 4 of them.For example, if you group your emails that was sent from John, you could have set up an email folder or label named "John". Please give me 4 labels.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have created only one .. as Jyothi
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Ok thank you.Now, do you have any other email address used to register with your Gmail?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No i dint
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
If you do not have any other email addresses, please tell me what other Google products are you using your Gmail account with.Please answer the following completely and put N/A when you do not know or you know you did not use it. The pair of information is in the form of Product -- Date you started using it. For example:Gmail -- January 2008.Here are the info being asked for:1. Android -- date please2. Calendar -- Date please3. Google Hangouts -- Date please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Android december 2013
Google hangout December 2013
Calender - i dont use
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Ok, recovery failed. Google needs another email address to contact you. I suggest you use a computer so that I can remotely access it and then I can assist you in the entire recovery process. Will that be possible?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Google can contact me at***@******.***.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dont you have any other way that u can reccover my account... i dont have computer or laptop to use.. and it is s tough task for me now..
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Ok, I already did that but the process failed. It said the information provided was NOT matching what they have on record and advised that you need to process the recovery using the device WHERE you usually accessed Gmail before.Since it is on your mobile phone, I cannot remotely access it to directly assist you in the recovery process.I suggest then that you do the recovery procedures yourself.Please use your web browser and then perform the recovery in this link:https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/Keep me posted with your results so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did it . Reponse is as belowInformation does not match for***@******.***Your contact email:***@******.***The information provided does not match our records. Try signing in from a location where you usually sign in (e.g., home or work) and fill out the account information again.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
All you need to do is provide as much correct information in order to recover the account. That is the only way. You can reconsider checking the email addresses and the labels and other things like the dates that you entered in the form.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is tge info i know.. I am not able to login to account atall .. how will i check. I use the same email id for my Facebook as well .. it works
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Facebook and Gmail are different systems. If you cannot provide matching information through the recovery form, you will never be able to recover the account. You just need to create a new one then.The other problem with your account is that you did not provide a recovery information like your mobile number. Recovery should have been easier.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As per i know .. i should have added my mobole number
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What will i do now and how can i get my mail id back
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.
Unfortunately, like I already mentioned, you need to process the recovery form again. Please try to recall the email addresses and the dates you entered there correctly as that is the only way you can recover your account since there is no mobile number added on your account.I am very sure that you have not added a phone number there since if you just had, Google should have sent you a text message when the hacker added the security question about the library card number.