James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Why cant skype download?

Customer Question

why cant skype download?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeAre you trying to download Skype onto windows or a Mac, and which version?And what is the error message you get when it fails to download? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm assuming I'm paying you $39 to fix the skype problem with downloading. What if there is more extensive problems that must be done to do so? is the $39 just the BEGINNING
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
fee, or is it the complete fee?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is this a real fix it for you for $39 or is it a sales pitch to pay $39 and then you tell me the problems with my computer are more wide spread, but you can fix it all at a higher price?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
There is a service which you have to communicate here via messages, for the additional free which is optional, I connect to your computer and install Skype for yyou.It is optional else we continue here
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Which, I would be happy to do, I'd just like to know ahead of time, before I spend all this time and money on it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I'd rather you do it, definately. Obviously I am clueless.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
No problem, accept the request and I will do it all for you once I connect
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok, but the question was...what if the problem is bigger than I thought and it involves much more than originally planned...will you fix those problems or will those (if they exist) cost more to fix in the end?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the "trust this pc" thing is an ongoing problem...i have no idea if that's the reason...
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
there will be no further costs then this, and I will do whatever it takes, to install Skype. You pay for the solution, not a time limit or anything, and the solution is Skype installed on your computer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay, okay! I am leary as this happened to me a few months ago and I was totally taken for a lot of money and never did get a resolution. Sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Its no problem! I would be exactly like you, but I can promise you none of this happens here, I am here 6 years on this site and this site is 13 years here, we do not last that long when this happens.Please accept the offer and we can get this fixed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am suppose to have an interview (I am a Licensed nurse/psychologist) at 10:30 on skype, obviously that is not going to happen due to these problems I'm having with my home computer. Let me call and cancel the appointment and then I will be back and we can do this. Give me just a moment to do this...thanks for your help and patience.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Are we able to begin with this now?