swmcdonnell
swmcdonnell, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Steve has set up mail servers and troubleshoots client and server email issues.
47680681

Have to sen email to an adress that is partly underlined, the

Customer Question

have to sen email to an adress that is partly underlined, the undeline setting is not working in the address but is in the text how do i get it to work
Category: Email
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 6 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your issue.

As I understand it, the issue is that you're trying to send an email using a link, but the link only covers a portion of the full email address, so when you click on it, you don't get the full email address. Here's what you can do:

1) Click the link so that it launches your email program. Then erase the incorrect email address it put in the To line for the message.

2) Go back to the document and highlight the entire email address with your mouse. Position the mouse cursor at the beginning of the email address, hold down the left mouse key, drag it to the end of the message (past the underline) and let go of the mouse button.

3) Press Ctrl-C on your keyboard to copy the email address to the clipboard.

4) Go back to your email program, click in the To address and press Ctrl-V to paste the full email address in the message.

5) Continue to develop your email and send it.

If this answers your question, please accept the answer and rate me accordingly. I don't get paid anything for helping you until you accept an answer. Thanks and have a great day!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Steve, tried that did not work - alan

Hi Alan. Can we do a remote session together where I can see your screen and I think I can do it for you? I think they make me charge you an extra $5 for doing that. Let me know if you're amenable to that and I'll get it fixed for you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
got totally frustrated - took it to work and my original worked from there - must be my computer - thanks for your help - I should have taken it to work in the first place - all emails are now not working so if you get this it will be a miracle - new computer arrives Friday - alan

I did get it, so miracles do happen! Glad it worked out for you.