Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

I forgot my four digit code to get into my iPad, so I used

Customer Question

I forgot my four digit code to get into my iPad, so I used find my iPhone and erased everything off of the iPad to re-start and create a new code. After iPad was restarted and he raced it still asked me for the code And I still don't know it. I'm just trying to access my new iPad, but I can't get past the four digit code
Category: Email
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Do you have a computer with iTunes software installed on it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes
okay, good. Follow these steps please>Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port. press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears you can release the Home button:Then use iTunes to restore the iPad.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do i connect to it?
yes,
Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnectedfrom your computer's USB port.press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons on the iPAd at the same time.When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.When this screen appears you can release the Home button:Then use iTunes to restore the iPad.
Did that work for you?