John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  Setting up and servicing Email accounts since 1994!

I'm trying to delete 100 old email from my iPad without success.

Customer Question

I'm trying to delete 100 old email from my iPad without success. The method I have been using-marking 'edit' then 'move to trash' is not working. What's wrong?
Category: Email
Expert:  John T. F. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, try removing and then re-adding the mail account. Afterwards, you should be able to delete mail as normal. TO REMOVE ACCOUNT From the home screen, tap Settings. tap “Mail Contacts, Calendars” From the Accounts section, tap the email account you wish to remove. tap “Delete Account”. tap “Delete” to confirm. TO ADD ACCOUNT In Settings > “Mail Contacts, Calendars”… In the Accounts section, Tap “Add Account”. tap your email provider (AOL, for example), or use "Other" if not listed Follow the onscreen steps and provide the required information to configure your account. In the boxes provided you should enter your name, complete email address, password, and a description of the account. Once you’ve entered your information, in the top right, tap Next. After your account has been verified, in the top right, tap Save. (Note: Make sure that the Mail option is turned ON.) When the account setup has been completed, test that it works properly. Thanks and good luck!John