Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

New laptop wont let me past password. have reset it many times

Customer Question

new laptop wont let me past password. have reset it many times and it still won't let me in can you help
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your new laptop?What's the error or message when entering your password?Is it okay to reset the laptop fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
asus f540s. will not recognize any passwords.sure if i could get into it.it says password ***** ***** make sure to use microsoft acc password.and i can always reset.
There is an email address showing at the login screen on the new Asus laptop right?Do you mean if you go to the website outlook.com website on your phone, then sign in with that exact same email address, it does work fine on the phone, but not on the laptop right?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i reset my login on my phone and i thought it would do same on laptop. but my laptop still wont recognize the new login passwords.
What is the email address showing on the laptop's screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
To confirm, on the phone, you go to the website called www.outlook.com (or www.live.com), and sign in with that gmail email address and it works right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Can you shut down the laptop, then turn it back on, then disconnect power cord from laptop for a minute, then re-connect, then turn on and try again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same thing password *****
I'm sorry; somehow the setup did not go through correctly. Can we re-do the laptop's setup again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure but i cant open it up to change it
Thank you. Please try the following steps:At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.- Do you see a menu / the troubleshoot option when trying the above steps?Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it went into updates mode still going
Does it show any progress / percentage / progress bar?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now its back to password ***** try new one .still did same.will try again on you steps
OK. Try my steps again; it should give you a menu. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
went through steps and is reseting pc
Great. It takes about 30 to 60 minutes for the reset process to finish.- Once it is finished, go through the setup again. Then see if you can sign in your Microsoft account when prompted.- If it still does not work, then select the option "Skip this step", or something similar, and continue. If needed, please let me know the options there.Please let me know how it goes later; I will help further as needed. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
asking to reset all drives or only the drive where windows is installed
Select option only the drive where windows is installed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just remove my files or fully clean the drive
Select option Just remove my files. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have reset
It takes about 30 minutes or so. Please let me know later. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pc seems to be stuck on 3%.its still tickibg over but not going any further.does it rely on having an open net or is it internal
Do you mean the reset process is still stuck at 3%?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. on resetting this pc
Sorry, that's strange. Press and hold the Power on / off button for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it restarted back at zero .
Do you mean the reset process is at zero percent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes now up to 3 pretty quickly about 2 or 3 min.. but still not going past 3 about 8 to 10 min.
Does it let you cancel the process?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how to
If it does not show any option, then you cannot. I'm sorry, I think you got a bad new laptop. I'll open this issue to other experts for any other suggestion. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no pressed ctrl alt delete and nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ill take it back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also wont turn off
To turn off, just press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds. Sorry about this bad new laptop. Exchanging with a new one should work as your microsoft account is working at the outlook.com website. Thank you.
If there is any issue with another laptop, please let me know any time. Thank you very much for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ya thanks.
You're welcome.