Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

People sending us emails are getting a bounce message saying

Customer Question

Hi people sending us emails are getting a bounce message saying inbox is full.
We are receiving most (but not all messages)
We do not store emails on the server & have less than 300 emails saved.
Any suggestions on how to fix it.
We are using windows live 7.
Thks
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi John, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the email address you are using?Also, how do you access this email -- using a web browser like Internet Explorer? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We use windows live mail 7 for emails & internet Explorer for browsing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is the email address with the issue
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.Can you please tell me where your website and email is hosted?Also, do you have a cPanel account for your website and email? This information can be asked or retrieved from the one managing your website and email.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
How is it going John? Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its hosted by hotkey.net.au & we are unable to access their support services at the weekend/
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi John,Thank you for writing back with that information. Do you have a cPanel or account management access to your hosting account? The person who created and setup your website for your company can give you this information.The main reason why this is important is because, email quota are managed there. You might be deleting emails on the browser but those deleted emails could haven't been purged yet so they are still taking up your storage space. Thus, the account is rejecting new emails due to quota restrictions.Also, I can remotely access your computer so that I can check if there are traces of your browsing accessing the hosting account so that I can help you purge your deleted emails and reclaim disc space.Another thing is, if your Windows Live Mail is NOT deleting the emails from the server, it can also be the reason why you are out of email storage space.Please let me know if you want this Secure Remote Assistance option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we don't have access to this information.
Thanks for your efforts we will just have to wait until hotkey open on monday
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Do you have access of your email account using the web browser?If you remember your email account password, you can access the webmail using this link:https://cms.hotkey.net.au/cmscgi/welcomeV2.plIn that login page, enter your FULL email address, and then enter the working password ***** click Sign In.When successful, you shall see all emails there that you might have already deleted in your Windows Live Mail. So in your Windows Live Mail, it appears that you have few emails only, but on the server, old emails could still be there that needs to be deleted manually to regain storage space.Please let me know your results so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I have accessed the web mail acct & there are no emails in inbox or deleted file.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Can you please locate the storage information on that webmail page? I am referring to something on that page that state the total disk usage for the account. It is something like 350MB/2,000MB. Other webmail shows email usage in terms of percent. Please look at the top or at the bottom of the webmail page.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have had a look and cannot find anything about storage information
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Can we do a screen sharing session so that I can check it myself? Also, there could technical error from the mail server since I tested sending an email to your account and I received an error "mailbox is full". I can fix this for you remotely if that feature is made available for users by Hotkey. Otherwise, their tech can only do the fix.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Received the email from you now you can see the problem we are having, we will have to wait for Hotkey. Thankyou
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
I am glad that you got my test email. If this always happens, that is, if the sending party gets a notification about "mailbox is full" saying the email was not delivered but the truth is the email was indeed delivered, then I believe there is a technical issues on the mail server where your email account is hosted. This can be a relay issue, or a timeout issue from the server side.Therefore I highly recommend contacting the hosting company since only their tech or engineers can access their server and perform a fix.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi John,How is it going? Is the issue now corrected by your email provider (Hotkey) from their end? I am just following up with you in case you need further assistance, I will still be here to assist you further.Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately. Best regards,Jess