James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My email account is***@******.***. A few days ago

Customer Question

My email account is***@******.***. A few days ago I was downloading Office 365 onto my main PC. We had a challenge and Microsoft had a technician "clean" my PC. At the end of the process the person helping we asked what sign-in was on my email account. I replied, jelp0541. He said that he would change my sign-in to that setting. He said, that that sign-in was not the one on my account. Since he apparently made changes I have not been able to access my email account nor can verify the access to Microsoft account. He charged my credit card for $500.00 for working on my PC. I would like to know what is the access to my Microsoft account and I need to reset my g-mail access.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Whoever charged you 500$ scammed you. I hate to say that, but its true.. I would immediately call your bank or credit card and dispute the charges, as most likely you received a virus pop up that told you to call a supposed microsoft number. Banks are very familiar with these types of scams and fraud and they shouldnt give you too much hassle about disputing the charges and getting them reversed. With that being said, we need to try and workout what happened to your microsoft account. To get started, can you still access the internet on your pc?