James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Please can somebody tell me why my Outlook search function

Customer Question

Please can somebody tell me why my Outlook search function has stopped working? Whatever I type in (even a single letter) it says it can't find it (in over 9,000 emails)!
Category: Email
Expert:  jinsmn replied 6 months ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.RegardsJins
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

It's probably just a setting. These are unsorted emails that were placed in a separate file about an hour ago by an JA expert so as I could refer to them after I switched from POP3 to IMAP. Fortunately he remoted in for free. Considering I pay a monthly subscription and remoting normally saves the expert time and makes his/her job easier,I think it should be a part of the service. Your call. :)