James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

When I receive a video or a joke from a friend I sometimes

Customer Question

When I receive a video or a joke from a friend I sometimes pass it on to another friend. These friends try returning it with thanks or some other comment. However I don't receive these returns. I've been told that my email address shown is not my correct one. They can contact me if they just send a new email with my address that I supplied to them. If you understand this can you help. Is there a way I can delete Windows Mail and start over again re-using my original address. Thanks. Terry
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?Thank you,JasonP.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jason. My email provider is Windows Mail. After the @ is ca.
Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sure Jason, but don't ask me for any more money.
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.comAfter clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 39 and click the circle button to start the remote application.(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)
After I remoted in, you asked for me to disconnect. I have done so.I have ran out of time today.For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.Thank you for your patience. - Jason
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 6 months ago.
Hi Terry, my name is ***** ***** a setup field in Mail called "reply-to" address. It sounds like the wrong email address is in that setup parameter. I can't tell from the chat between you and the previous expert what mail program you're using. But, if you're using Windows Mail, choose Tools then Accounts then Mail (your email account) and then Properties. Look in the Reply To box. If there's an email address in there, it's the wrong one, so delete it. If there's no address in the box, Windows Mail will automatically use the email address that the message is sent from, so it will eliminate your problem.Give that a try and chat me back to let me know about that field, or if you're using something other than Windows Mail.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Steve. Thanks for your reply. I'm not knowledgeable enough to understand your instructions. You ask me to choose "Tools". I opened my Windows Mail and the only "tools" I found was below the "send/receive" at the top/right of my home page. It doesn't send me to my Accounts etc. Would you please direct me further. Thanks. Terry
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just noted that you are offering to fix my problem by securely connecting to my device. I once got bit by a scam person supposedly representing Microsoft. I almost got nailed for $1600.00. You can see why I am worried about going that route. Terry
That's completely understandable, Terry. That offer must be left over from the previous expert who was helping you, because I haven't proposed any kind of remote control option.What I mentioned at the beginning of the explanation, was that I didn't know what program you were using for email, so that's why the instructions don't exactly match. When you say "Windows Mail," what version of Windows and what Mail app or program are you using? Once I know that I can be more specific about what to click to find the Reply-To field and fix the issue.
Hi Terry. I was just following up with you on this issue. Did my solution help? Have you resolved the problem?