GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and my contacts in

Customer Question

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and my contacts in MS Outlook were no longer accessible. I cannot find those contacts. Please help me find them.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Let's begin by trying this:Go to Outlook menu. Then click on PreferencesThen go to General and Uncheck Hide On My Computer folders. This ensures that nothing is hidden.Close Outlook, reopen and see if your Calendar and Contacts are there. If that doesn't resolve the issue, let's try this:When you’re composing or forwarding an email, shows your most frequent contacts.To see your full contact list, click To—it's above the box where your contacts appear.If you're contacts aren't there we can try to recover them. Please give me just a moment to provide those instructions.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Please note, it is only possible to restore contacts for a Microsoft email account.Your contacts are shared across OneDrive, Skype, and other Microsoft products and services. If you’ve accidently deleted or lost contacts in your contact list, you can restore them. Here's how:To restore deleted contactsGo to the Sign in page and enter your email address and password. If you’re already signed in, you'll go directly to the People page.In the menu bar, click Manage, then click Restore deleted contacts.Click Restore next to each contact that you want to restore, or click Restore all if you want all your deleted contacts to be restored.Please let me know how these suggestions work for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!