James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

There,I'm trying to change the "From" address when r

Customer Question

Hi there,
I'm trying to change the "From" address when replying or forwarding
Unfortunately, when I go into Gmail - Settings - Accounts - and try to add the email address, it shows me an error because I cannot figure out how to find that password:
SMTP Server: smtp.thecareerstrategygroup.com Port: 587
Username: laura
Password:
Obviously, I know you can't tell me what my password ***** but can you tell me how to ask for a new password? I need to pull that email through to my other gmail account and be able to respond from THAT email account. Thanks!
Secured connection using TLS (recommended)
Secured connection using SSL
Error message:
Authentication failed. Please check your username/password.
[Server response: DNS Error: 30663675 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of smtp.thecareerstrategygroup.com responded with code NXDOMAIN 30663675 DNS type 'a' lookup of smtp.thecareerstrategygroup.com responded with code NXDOMAIN code(0) ]
Category: Email
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 6 months ago.
Hi there, my name is***** you need to do is to go to the mail system at careerstrategygroup.com and try to log on to your email through that site. It should have a Forgot Password? or similar function to reset your password. Then you should be good to go. If this answers your question, please accept the answer and rate me accordingly. I don't get paid anything at all for helping you unless you accept the answer. If it doesn't, please chat me back and I'll get you the information you need. Have a great day!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's not working. I am UNABLE to do this as you have suggested. Can I get another answer please??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Steve, how well do you know gmail?I am unable to do what you've suggested.First off, for me to have the ability to respond using a different email address than my own, I need to set up my gmail system to enable me to do so. When I go into my system, it's giving me an error message. For some reason, I don't know my password.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want a new expert.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Im sending you a reduced offer for our remote connection service, as this is the most effective way in which I can help you. This will allow me to temporarily connect and work on this issue directly, on screen. Once that offer is accepted or rejected, we can continue. Dustin S