flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.

When i was in the Rogers Store they installed my old sim card

Customer Question

When i was in the Rogers Store they installed my old sim card into my lenovo s856 cell and it was running beautiful
Half way home which is about 2 miles it was still working fine but when I got home my Signal from Rogers was lost no bars active only seeing a small x in there place. I went back to the Rogers Store to see if they could fix it but it was running fine with all the bars lit up. I was confused. By the time I returned home my cell was once again x out with no signal from Rogers. Is this problem fixable. Please help.
Category: Email
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, Might be related to the GSM frequencies your Roger provider uses in your area.The compatible GSM frequency could be ''week'' in your area. Can you try a different SIM card? You could also try a factory reset (backup anything important first) Slim chances but might help. Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have a new sim card now to try, anything else I can do now. And how do you make a reset. Will all my contacts be lost
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.
Unfortunately yes, please make sure you backup all your data (pictures, documents, contacts, ect...) before resetting your phone,
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.
To reset your phone please follow the step by step instructions at the link below : Let me know the results Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** not working , Rogers Network not showing any bars, only an x. More help please.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 5 months ago.
Your problem seems to not be the simm card but the fact that Rogers has no signal near your home.That may be because they just have no towers there. Or it may be that the tower they do have is broken and they havent noticed or cared enough to fix it. I used to have that problem with ATT all the time. Fixing towers is expensive. they don't bother unless enough people complain. Its usually easier to switch carriers. This is a map of Rogers coverage in canada. You can expand it till you find your home. Note that if they only have 2g coverage in your area and you have a 4g phone you arent going to get a signal