sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I run a Window 8 Professional with 2013 outlook. However, my

Customer Question

I run a Window 8 Professional with 2013 outlook. However, my outlook keeps freezing every few minutes? For period of 8 months 5 different Microsoft Techs tried to figuer out what causes this and tried to fix by reinstalling the OS, cleaning and etc. However, didn't make the issue to go away? Any idea what could cause this? I have to keep exiting the outlook and come back which is very frustrating and slowing me down?
Category: Email
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 7 months ago.
What happens, after it freezes ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
screen blanks out and I have to close and restart the outlook
Do you face this problem, only when using Outlook ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes. this happens only with outlook
Do you mean MS Outlook or Outlook.com ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The 2013 outlook that came with my window 8 professional
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you there?
Yes, can you tell me, if there is any fix time when Outlook hangs, like as soon as you open it or when you try to receive emails etc.?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no fix time. It could be while I am generating an email or just sitting open and when I go back to it after half hour it is already frozen?
While add-ins can enhance your experience, they can occasionally interfere or conflict with Outlook. Try starting Outlook without add-ins to see if the problem goes away, Here’s how:Do one of the following:If you are running Windows 7, click Start.If you are running Windows 8, click Run from the Apps menu.Type Outlook /safe, in the Search programs and files (Windows 7) or Run window (Windows 8) and then click OK.Close and re-open Outlook.If the issue is resolved, open the File menu, click Options, then click Add-ins.Select COM Add-ins and click Go.Clear all the check boxes in the list to disable the Add-ins and click OK.Restart Outlook.If the issue does not occur, go back to the COMM Add-ins screen and enable them one at a time until the error occurs. (Be sure to close and restart Outlook after each Add-in is enabled.)If disabling the add-ins did not resolve your issue, please continue on to the next method.